Hello! This is Ralph here with a special announcement.
We have no Putting the Cheese in the Refrigerator episode this week but next week we'll be coming at you next week with a new format. We have some new ideas for the show and I think it's going to be really fun.
Me and Christopher are going back to our podcast roots.
I'm going to leave it cryptic. Muahahah!
ALSO! I'm starting another podcast about music, music equipment, business, personal development, etc. etc. Keep your ears to the ground for more news about that.
In the meantime, here's the song-a-week demo. It's called "Another's Lot"
Ep 21: Too Many Shirts
R&C stumble there way through a conversation about fashion!
Christopher learns that Paul Newman is dead. He also learns about the delicious snacks: Fig Newmans!
- Christopher is playing softball with the company team. He's killing it. He was excessively high fives afterward. Pretty cool...
- kk.org "1000 True Fans". Sick. Ralph recommends it!
Topic of the week: Clothes!
- What do you wear on a first date?
- Christopher says: Wear what makes you comfortable! Not PJs though. But don't wear as many T-shirts as Daniel in high school.
- A man is entitled to his opinion and Christopher's opinion is that wearing 4 t-shirts at once looks dumb.
- Christopher's female dates "wear what whatever girls wear"
- Ralph say's short sleeves are never fancy.
- Ralph gets a lot of comments on his facial hair. While it is a sick mustache, he recommends that strangers should make less out of the blue comments about other people's features. Unless you're wearing the same clothing as someone else... then a shaka-bra works fine. A high five would be sick too.
Song-a-week: Sea Cow
"Sea cow" is the only thing that rhymes with a cat's "meow".Read More
Ep 20: Mighty Ducks & Riff Raff
Today R&C go down a rabbit hole, just like the old days of the podcast.
Updates: Ralph built a sweet effects pedal prototyping unit. It's a stomp box with wires coming out of it that plug into the breadboard. Would you be interested in such a thing?
Topic of the week: The Mighty Ducks
- Mighty ducks was not as wholesome as we remembered. Kinda intense really. Christopher recaps all the gnarly themes.
- Hot moms, DUIs, high pressure parenting, bad hockey coaches, cheating in sports.
- Would you watch a remake of The Mighty Ducks? The Wholesome Ducks?
- Two and a Half Men poll: Charlie Sheen or Ashton Kutcher aka. The Kutch.
- Was Zach Efron's body CGI in the Baywatch movie?
- Why does Selena Gomez still look like she's 14?
- Can Dave Chappelle sue Prince for using a picture of Dave dressed as Prince?
- Should you run with earbuds in your ear?
- Why does Ralph like pop music that isn't cool anymore?
- Is Peach Panther a better album than beerbongs&bentlys?
These questions and more answered this week on Putting the Cheese in the Refrigerator Podcast!
Song-a-week: On My Own
Featuring the Santana ft. Rob Thomas telephone vocal recording.Read More
Todays topic is Christopher's time in culinary school. Before that, there are the usual shenanigans!Read More
Does anybody look at the road while driving anymore? Answer: No. They're texting! Or busting out a paperback.Read More
PCR Ep 17: #science
In this weeks episode -
Updates: The Amplifier Warship website is being overhauled! Check it out at ampwarship.com! Ralph's using Squarespace and highly recommends it. Ralph designed new logos!
Topic of the week - Christopher's goal setting update:
Christopher set three goals for himself
1) Workout every day
2) Read book
3) Write a story
Christopher didn't work out every day! But, he did get more exercise this month than any other month this year. He's getting back into! So, lets count that as a victory.
Christopher read half of a book! We'll count that as half of a success. We talked about "getting the ball rolling" and how important that can be in achieving your goals. Ralph shared that he reads a lot of non-fiction books to get his reading fix.
C did not yet put pen to paper in order to write a story. We talk a bit about motivation. He did buy a book on writing and R counted that as another half of goal number two. Therefore C got two out of three done. Not bad!
C&R brainstorm next week's episode topic. They are going to talk about what they like in writing and, we hope, come up with some good topics to write about.
We close with some discussion of out trials and tribulations in college.