Here’s your humpday motivation!Read More
An awesome week! We had a songaweek "Boom" that sounds like a soundtrack for an alien abduction. I whiffed on the Tone Tuesday gear demo. We learned about selling out (do it!) from Austin Kleon. Christopher and I chatted about job titles. And last but not least, we listened to Lee "Scratch" Perry to get our weekend started off.
Check me out on Twitter.
I grew up on reggae and I thank my parents greatly for it.Read More
Show Your Work by Austin Kleon is a great book I just finished. Here’s a quote I picked out of it about the concept of selling out (am I allowed to do that? ah, what the heck! I’ll risk it)Read More
Check it out! New thing! I’m doing guitar gear demo/reviews…. Sick!Read More
Oh my goodness… I has been toooooo long! This album was released in 2006, which is quite some time ago now. Do you remember when it first came out? “Jack White in a band besides the White Stripes!?” is what we were all saying.Read More
When 2% of people aren’t doing what you want them to do, deal directly with that 2%. Don’t hamper the other 98% with rules not meant for them anyway!Read More
I know this might sound weird but I think Tame Impala could have easily wound up as a metal band. What!? But they’re so chill!Read More
Whew! Ol’ Mackie D, as I like to call him has put out some great records, hasn’t he? I don’t actually call him Mackie D. Don’t tell him I said that. You can tell him that I think he puts out great records, though. That’s the honest truth.Read More
Oh man… yet another great album. This one is the self-titled debut from Vampire Weekend, straight outta Columbia University. In fact, I head that the album cover is a picture from one of the bands early shows at said Uni. College rock, maybe?Read More